Under current legislation the Queensland government will offset the cost of study for people who don’t currently have a qualification.
If you’re eligible for a subsidy, you will still need to pay for a portion of your study costs. This is called the “student co-contribution fee.”
Currently this fee is $1495.00
This fee is payable to The Flower School Pty Ltd. This is the total price you will pay for Certificate III in Floristry (SFL30115).
Certificate 3 Guarantee
You can receive a subsidy towards only one Certificate III qualification. An initiative of the Queensland Government, the amount provided depends on the demand for skilled workers in each industry, and your eligibility.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee you must meet the following criteria:
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a certificate III or higher level qualification (does not include qualifications completed in secondary school)
- be 16 years or older
- have completed or left secondary school
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland
Fee-free training for year 12 graduates
If you’re a Queensland resident, have just finished year 12 and are keen to start your studies within the next calendar year, you might be eligible to study fee free.
The Queensland government has identified a number of industries with a high demand for trained workers. To help fill these gaps, they will pay the full cost of a number of certificate III qualifications in high-priority study areas under the Certificate 3 Guarantee and User Choice programs. We want school leavers to gain the important skills and training they need before starting their university studies or careers – debt-free.
- You must have completed year 12 in Queensland
- You must hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Studies Authority or the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent
- You must enrol in your chosen course by the end of the calendar year following your completion of year 12 (e.g. if you graduated in 2015, you must enrol before the end of 2016)
- Live permanently in Queensland