Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) certificate III level qualification with a pre-approved registered training organisation (RTO) of their choice — otherwise known as a pre-qualified supplier (PQS).
The government’s aim is to assist working-age Queenslanders without a post-school certificate III or higher-level qualification to complete a nationally recognised certificate III qualification that leads to:
- a job outcome for individuals trying to enter the labour market or their desired industry/career; or
- advancement in the workplace or career progression for individuals already employed in their preferred industry.
Currently this fee is $1995.00 This fee is payable to The Flower School Pty Ltd. This is the total price you will pay for SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry.
Who is eligible to receive training?
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older;
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — Unfortunately floristry is not eligible under VETiS program. However, we except fee for service (full fee) students whilst at school one day per week.
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Priority Skills List.
Queensland Year 12 graduates
To support Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to successfully transition to employment, the government is offering fee-free training in high priority qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee. To be eligible for fee-free training, the student must meet the above Certificate 3 Guarantee eligibility criteria and:
- have evidence of completing Year 12 in Queensland, for example hold a Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority issued Senior Statement or equivalent certification;
- enrol in a high priority qualification under the program with a PQS; and
- commence training within 12 months of graduating Year 12 (i.e. by the end of the calendar year after completing Year 12). For high priority qualifications funded for Year 12 graduates, see the Priority Skills List.
Certificate 3 Guarantee – Concessional Eligibility
Concessional student status applies when:
(a) the student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
(b) the student provides the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
(c) the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
(d) the student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
(e) the student has a disability
(f) the student is an adult prisoner. For concessional status, it is the responsibility of the PQS to verify at enrolment and hold evidence of a student’s eligibility. Loadings will be paid to PQS to encourage delivery in identified country and remote areas in Queensland, and in Cape York and the Torres Strait. Locations attracting a loading, along with the corresponding loading amounts, can be found in the Localities and Location Loadings List.
To be eligible for the concession fee, you must meet the government subsidised fee requirements, as well as one of the following criteria:
- be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- have a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card
- hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
Proof of eligibility may be requested to support your concession status, such as:
- proof of I.D. (e.g. birth certificate, student ID with photo, passport, driver’s license)
- advice from Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) that Abstudy has been approved
- a declaration from the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community group or from a TAFE Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander officer
- Please note that current course fee for eligible students is $695.00.
Please call the office on 07 3868 2939 to check your eligibility or provide the above documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org