SFL40115 Certificate IV in Floristry
All Course Fees are relevant to 2017. These fees may be subject to change in subsequent calendar years.
Full Fee $4,400.00
Sundry Fee $100.00
RPL (Recognised Prior Learning): Price on application
SFL40115 Certificate IV in Floristry will help you develop and further your skills and confidence in your career in Floristry. Suited to owners/managers of a floristry outlet with responsibility in all aspects of the operation of a small business.
This qualification reflects the role of skilled senior florists who use a range of highly developed floristry skills to design, construct and sell a diverse range of complex floristry products. These individuals have substantial depth of knowledge of construction techniques and floristry design elements and principles.
They work independently and many florists at this level have supervisory responsibilities to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. Some senior florists take a lead role in coordinating the day-to-day operational and business activities of small floristry businesses.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a senior florist in a diversity of floristry industry business types including retail floristry shops, studios and online floristry businesses.
Entry to this qualification is open to experienced employees of the Floristry industry, whom have achieved the Certificate III in Floristry.
- It is a prerequisite for this course to have a minimum of 12 months post qualification industry experience.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge gained in the Certificate III in Floristry, and providing a portfolio of evidence outlining how these have been achieved in the Certificate III in Floristry.
What employment opportunities will I have?
You will be eligible for employment in the floristry industry as a fully qualified senior florist on completion of this qualification. Many students become specialists working in areas such as weddings, functions, retail and studio or corporate work.
It is required that students have access to a reliable internet connection and printer while a student of The Flower School.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition. Once you have been deemed competent in all units you will be awarded SFL40115 Certificate IV in Floristry.
Delivery Timetable 2017
Certificate IV in Floristry Friday Day class
Length of course
This is a part time 8 week Course, one day per week on a Friday during the school term.
Intake October 20th – December 1st 2017
With one break 28th October and resuming Friday 13th November
Concluding: Friday 1st December 2017
You will be expected to research industry needs, plan an event and complete projects
- Oral presentation
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
- Project work
- Examination or testing
- Workplace assessment
Units of Competency
SFLDEC003 – Design complex floristry products
SFLDEC009 – Construct complex floristry products
SFLDEC010 – Coordinate floristry products for a special occasion
SFLMGT001 – Coordinate floristry work teams
SFLSOP012 – Maintain and order floristry stock
SFLWHS002 – Provide a safe work environment
CUAACD401 – Integrate colour theory and design processes
SITXHRM003 – Lead and manage people
BSBSM403 – Market the small business
AHCPGD401 – Design plant displays
BSBSMB402 – Plan small business finances
BSBSMB404 – Understand small business planning
+ approx. $75.00 – $120.00 per week for fresh flowers
*Please note that class structures, times and teaching days may change without notice allowing students to study at home.
See Student Handbook for Terms and Conditions
You can earn a Certificate II, III or IV in a short amount of time. Choose a certificate level based on your level of experience and the role you’d like to be qualified for.
- Certificate II courses prepare you for entry-level positions or apprenticeships in a variety of industries. As well as providing basic knowledge, a Certificate II demonstrates to a potential employer that you are actively interested in their industry.
- Certificate III courses develop skills, theoretical knowledge and problem-solving abilities. This level of qualification is ideal if you want to move out of entry-level roles, or shift into a new career.
- Certificate IV courses are designed for supervisory and management positions. This qualification level is valuable if you want to advance your career in the industry you already work in, or build on skills you’ve acquired through previous study.